Hi all, I was wondering if anyone within the Open Data Manchester community might be interested in providing feedback on some open data resources that we have previously developed at Friends of the Earth? We are currently evaluating what we have done and seeking to improve these resources.
The purpose of the tools is to provide information to local campaigners and decision makers, and to therefore inform local authorities’ thinking on climate & nature policy. They can be found via the following links:
- “How climate friendly is your area?” tool
- our woodland opportunity map
- our greenspace access map
- our “50 point climate action plan”
We’d really welcome any input you may have, so that we can help improve everyone’s response to the climate and ecological emergency.
As well as gathering general feedback, we’ll be holding a workshop with people who have expertise in this area or experience working on similar projects. During the workshop we’ll be looking to:
- Go through the work we’ve done to make data available to decision makers and local campaigners
- Seek your input to how we can improve management of the data and presentation of tools|
- Discuss opportunities for collaboration.
So please feel free to post up any thoughts or questions you have here or drop me a DM if you’re interested in attending the workshop.
Thanks in advance,